Re: XP64 problem

skaller wrote:
Hi, I am having the following problem:

(a) I can build my system under Cygwin on Windows XP32/SP1 amd64
  (hostname rosella)

(b) exactly the same build processes generates a segfaulting binary
  on XP64 amd62x2 (hostname budgie)

cyginfo -s for budgie attached. AFAIK this is the very latest
cygwin stuff (ran cygsetup just before the test). Not sure about
the rosella build (dual boot with Linux with which I'm mailing)

The segfaulting program is a statically linked generated
C++ program.

Budgie cygwin is running under Wow64.

FWIW, I run Cygwin on Win2K3 R2 x64 with no problems. However, I mostly use Microsoft's 'cl' as the compiler for my own programs.

Did you try using a debugger (like gdb) to see *why* your program is SEGV'ing?

--
Matthew
Do not expose to extreme heat, cold, or open flame.