Re: /usr/bin/getopt executable, which package is it in ?

Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Darryl Miles wrote:

CVS cygwin build of winsup module uses xmlto that uses getopt executable.

The Cygwin package search page (<http://cygwin.com/packages/>) knows.  So
does cygcheck (if the file is present on your machine, use "cygcheck -f
/usr/bin/getopt"; if it isn't, use "cygcheck -p "usr/bin/getopt").
	Igor

Thanks for the reply just what I needed. For reading this later and looking for the same answer.

The website search for getopt.exe turns up:

cygutils/cygutils-1.2.10-1
util-linux/util-linux-2.12r-2

I have cygutils-1.3.0 installed, but getopt.exe is no longer in cygutils.

So I have now installed util-linux (which I did not have before) and a build from CVS is fine.

Darryl