Re: configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler

Bhagwan Anjanappa wrote:

>    My apologies to one and all for not being specific in my previous
> mail. Well having said that, I am using Win 2000 and when I try to
> configure httperf tool on Cygwin the command I give is as below....
> however my Cygwin tool and httperf tool are installed on saperate
> Drives in the Hard disk.

What part of "please provide the requested cygcheck output" was not
clear?  It would have made the cause of your problem instantly obvious.

> conftest.c  1>&5 gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such
> file or directory configure: failed program was:

Binutils contains the assembler (as) which is required to use gcc.  Your
problem therefore is that either you did not install binutils or the
installation failed.  (I don't know how one can manage to install gcc
without binutils though, because the setup.exe tool should have selected
binutils for you when you selected gcc, and it should have loudly
complained that there was an unmet dependency if you overrode its
choice.)

Brian