Re: cygwin-developers mailing list opened up a little

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 08:45:25AM +0000, Andy Moreton wrote:
>On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:00:26 GMT, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>
>>>I'd rather avoid that.  I can't speak for cgf, but I'm somewhat
>>>confident that he thinks the same.  Opening the list didn't imply that
>>>we're interested in zillions of lurkers.  People interested in helping
>>>to develop the Cygwin DLL itself are invited to join the list.
>>
>>I agree with Corinna.
>
>Surely allowing people to lurk for a while allows them to gain some
>familiarity with Cygwin internals before deciding to contribute ?  It
>might also attract more developers to Cygwin.

Feel free to join the mailing list or read the web archives.

This is an experiment.  It is, at best, premature to add the mailing list to
gmane and, at worst, a waste of time if the experiment does not bear fruit.

So we'd prefer that this *mailing list* not be added to gmane at this time.
That may change eventually but, for now, this subject is closed.  Please don't
continue arguing for this and please don't call me Shirley.

cgf