libdwarf available?

Hi all,

I've done some googling about libdwarf on cygwin and it seems
that at least one person has managed to compile libelf and
libdwarf for cygwin.

I'd like to use these libraries to examine executables produced
for non-Windows systems.  That is, I need to create a tool to
examine the Dwarf from ewxecutable formats that support it.
These are UNIX ELF binaries.

Is there a precompiled package for libelf and libdwarf available?
If not, does anyone have any experience building these for cygwin?

Thanks.

-Dave