Crashes/defunct processes after upgrade to cygwin-1.5.20

Hi,

after upgrading cygwin1 from 1.5.19-4 to 1.5.20-1
I get crashing processes.  The problem appears difficult
to pin down, but it is reproducible by running a
large configure script that uses lots of (ba)sh and csh
scripts.  Near the end of the configuration process
the csh dies and takes the xterm with it into nirvana.

Running ps, I find a lot of <defunct> processes.

Going back to cygwin1-1.5.19-4, the crashes are gone,
but now csh has problems with here documents:

#!/usr/bin/csh
cat << EOF
    Hello world!
EOF

% ./cygwin-csh-bug
cat: -: Bad file descriptor
cat: closing standard input: Bad file descriptor

(Works with 1.5.20-1, but it appears that different things
are broken).

It is quite possible that something else upgraded
along with cygwin1 is responsible (coreutils, ...)
but it appears that the "current" distribution might
have a problem.

Cheers,
-Harald
--

"Feel free" â 10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat ...