directories via. cygwin/windows

Dear All,

Could someone please explain to me what is going on or direct me
to documentation that would explain it or perhaps to a more
appropriate list.

If I cd to:
/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/jim/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files
ls shows:
Content.IE5  Content.MSO  desktop.ini

Whereas if I go to the same directory via. windows it show hundreds of
files, not including "Content.IE5", but most of which (not all) can be found
somewhere in the directory "Content.IE5" via. cygwin.

Furthermore a file created, via. cygwin, in "Temporary Internet Files"
or any of it's subdirectories it does not show up in the window's list.

However a file created in his neighbour viz.
/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/jim/Local Settings/Temp
does show up in the window's list of Temp.

Being a long time unix user I tentatively conclude that the windows
rendering of "Temporary Internet Files" is not actually the same as
the one accessed via. cygwin, even though their paths appear to be
the same.  So I wonder if cygwin can access the actual windows
directory.

Also where does "windows explorer" store it's "suggested URLS"
in the address bar.  ie.  the possible matching urls it puts up
when you are typing in a url.  I sure can't find it.

Thanks for any light.

	Jim