Re: mkpasswd access denied error

On Jul 17 15:09, Shaffer, Kenneth wrote:
> I tried mkpasswd for the first time in a long time, and now am getting
> an access denied error (mkpasswd (264): [5] Access is denied.) after 50
> successful passwd entries.

Nothing Cygwin can do anythoung about.  The access denied error came
directly from the Windows system call NetUserEnum.  The culprit is on
the server side which returns the user records.

> Attached is the cygcheck and strace output.

Please don't send strace output without having been asked for.
Especially in this case it's entirely useless since the problem has
nothing to do with any Cygwin internals.  So the strace just fills up
the mail boxes of mailing list readers for no good reason.

Corinna

Red Hat