permissions on .exe files

Hello,

If I create a file somefile.exe "outside cygwin" then cygwin reports
that it is executable. But if the file is created by cygwin then it
does not become executable unless explicitly set.

One implication of this is that when I extract a .zip using cygwin
unzip then the .exe, .dll, .bat etc do not get the executable
permission.

Is there a way to tell cygwin to assign u+x for the files created from
cygwin for which it would have otherwise assumed this permission?

Thanks.

- hemal

hpandya@hpandya-xp2 /tmp/ll Fri Jul 21 11:47:43 2006
$ cmd /c "dir > in_windows.exe"
hpandya@hpandya-xp2 /tmp/ll Fri Jul 21 11:47:50 2006
$ ls > in_cygwin.exe
hpandya@hpandya-xp2 /tmp/ll Fri Jul 21 11:47:58 2006
$ ls -l
total 2
-rw-r--r-- 1 hpandya &-Users  29 Jul 21 11:47 in_cygwin.exe
-rwxr-xr-x 1 hpandya &-Users 345 Jul 21 11:47 in_windows.exe
hpandya@hpandya-xp2 /tmp/ll Fri Jul 21 11:48:02 2006