RE: making a cygwin install.

[McGraw, Robert P.]

I have looked through the suggested ULR and not finding my answer.

I googled genini cygwin, and the perl script pointed me
cygwin.com/setup.html, but it is talking about creating software packages.
This does not sound like what I need to do.

So let me rephrase my question and ask how other people handle this through
an example.

I need to install the Cygwin/Xserver on multiple machines. I first installed
Cygwin & Cygwin/X and all necessary and needed packages from a cygwin server
to my WinXP test system.

Once I have tested and have it working with the right parameters, I now need
to install the same software on multiple machines. I would like to create
some kind of bundle or selfextracting file that a user can get and install
on their WinXP machine. This will be sure that users have what they need to
run the Cygwin/Xserver.

Thanks

Robert

igor@watson.ibm.com
> ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_		Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name
changed!)