Re: need assistance w/sftp & home folder creation

On 8/4/06, MyStiC wrote:
Also, I am looking for a way to have the initial setup of the users'
home directories to also create predefined links.  ie /home/user/
link_1, link_2...  Presently, I am creating these links manually so
the restricted users, or any user which is unfamiliar with the file
system, can quickly access public resources.

can't help with the sftp, but one solution to creating the links is to create a script that checks for them and creates them if they don't exist. then put it in "/etc/profile.d/" and it will be run when they run a shell and thus the links will be available to them. i have several scripts in this area, export.sh, alias.sh, ... to set common values for each shell.