From: Cron Daemon [mailto:root@server2]
Sent: Sunday, 6 August 2006 9:51 PM
To: Database Admin
Subject: Cron <sybase@server2>
/apps/sybase/sysdba/scripts/syblocks.scr -dPROD_COPY -sSERVER2 >
/apps/sybase/sysdba/logs/SERVER2/syblocks.err
/apps/sybase/sysdba/scripts/syblocks.scr: not found

It's the same message we get if we schedule something that doesn't exist... But the script DOES exist. And it ran three minutes ago and runs three minutes hence (crontab is 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48,51,54,57 7-22 * * *).

Sometimes it's this script.  Sometimes it's a different script.  It does
not happen every night.

We have two other servers running the same DBMS/Cygwin/script/crontab
config (names are obviously a little different).  Some of those other
servers deal with bigger databases.  The main difference between the
servers is that server2 runs Windows 2000, while server1 and server3 run
Windows 2003.

I've spent some serious time searching Cygwin.com and the web in general
but can't seem to find any cases where this happens (i.e., where the
script DOES exist and usually runs OK).

If there's any more info I can provide to clarify things, please let me
know.  Sorry that I can't outline how to reproduce this... Wish I could.

Has anyone comes across this kind of thing before?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

Looks like you sent the cygcheck output for ZIGGY rather than server2...

Holliston, MA 01746