Re: Older versions

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 02:53:50AM -0700, alecswan wrote:
>I installed Cygwin on my desktop long time ago. So, now I have old versions
>of different packages, such as PostgreSQL 7.3.4 set up on my desktop.
>
>I am currently trying to set up my laptop and I want to have identical setup
>to my desctop. Which mean that I want an old version of PG.
>
>So, my question is how to install old versions of Cygwin on my laptop that
>have old versions of Postgres on my laptop?

You'd need to copy Cygwin from your desktop to your laptop.  Just a drag
n' drop copy of the cygwin folder from your desktop to your laptop
should be sufficient.  Assuming that you're duplicating the layout of
your desktop on your laptop, you'll also need to copy the mount table.
You can do that by generating a .bat file with the appropriate commands
using something like:

mount -m > foo.bat

and running foo.bat under in the MS-DOS console on your laptop.

Finally, you'll need to run mkpasswd and mkgroup doing something like:

bash$ mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
bash$ mkgroup -l > /etc/passwd

>P.S. If somebody is interested why I need to install old versions of
>PosgreSQL on my Windows machine, it's because PgAdmin2 (old versions, which
>works with PostgreSQL 7.x) can import Access database, but not  PgAdmin3.

That's fine but there is no way to exactly duplicate your desktop layout
on your laptop using cygwin's setup.exe.
--
Christopher Faylor			spammer? ->	aaaspam@sourceware.org
Cygwin Co-Project Leader				aaaspam@duffek.com