RE: Cygintl-3.dll was not found

Remember, I predicted the "thin intelligences" would lash out at those from
outside their tribe who dare comment on their work. They're underconfident
and unstable, and would rather accuse others of being wrong than admit
problems exist. Watch:

>This thread was over a month ago and the guy went away happy
> with a solution to his problems.

Problems remain and I'm pointing them out. You don't want to get better at
what you're doing, don't you?

> Can you state a simple procedure that anyone can follow
> to reproduce this bug?  Reproducing it is vital to help us determine
> whether
> it's something in the software or something in the OS environment or
> hardware
> where you are using it.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Under windows XP, download setup.exe.
Run it and select "download files for installation."
Save these files to CD-R and carry to remote location.
When you install cygwin, and attempt to run bash, it will come up with the
cygintl-3.dll error.

>You're the one who is complaining about something being non-standard.  Your
>desire for conformity belies your claims to out-of-the-box thinking
ability.

No, my friend, wanting to be dysfunctional instead of seeing the truth is
the ultimate conformity.

When one is in a Windows environment, it makes sense to adapt one's product
to those standards.

That's like speaking English on this list, because it's in English. If I
wanted to be your kind of nonconformist, I'd speak Tagalog and then accuse
you of being closed-minded and conformist when you didn't respond in kind.

Another note:

Under windows, programs are installed by default in "C:\Program Files."
cygwin's preferred "c:\cygwin" is foolish and makes an unnecessary mess of
installations.