Re: cygwin problem - installation halting at 00ash.sh

Ask the list, not me: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE

According to Caleb Knoll on 8/20/2006 8:15 PM:
> I know this post was from about a year ago, but I'm having the exact
> same problem as you described in your post:
>

> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/msg00164.html
>

> Did you find a resolution to this problem?

For starters, you didn't follow the directions in that post.  Particularly
the ones about posting the output of 'cygcheck -svr' as a text attachment.

> I'm using the latest (v1.5.21-1) setup and the installation hangs at 98% at
>
> Running ...
>
> No package
>
> /etc/postinstall/00ash.sh
>

> The same thing as you described?
>

> Any help would be great!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Caleb

Also, there are newer snapshots of setup.exe available, which give better
details in the log file of the setup attempt.  Try using the latest
snapshot, and post your success or failure with it.
http://cygwin.com/setup/snapshots/

- --
Life is short - so eat dessert first!

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net