Re: copying and pasting in the terminal window?

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
From: mwoehlke
Cygwin also has an rxvt terminal emulator that may be more to your liking, but I haven't used it and so can't tell you what it's like.

It's awesome, if you're still using the DOS box change over immediately. Believe me now and thank me later.

Awesome? It appears to be xterm (which I never liked to begin with), which needs an X server and is a PITA to configure, has an ugly font, and probably has issues running certain CUI applications (at least I know I've heard such rumors). And I see exactly zero ways in which it is an improvement over Console.

Console is awesome, if you're still using rxvt change over immediately. Believe me now and thank me later. :-)

If you *must* have an X-based terminal emulator for some reason (or even just something that isn't using the CUI subsystem under the covers), I would strongly recommend Konsole as VASTLY superior to xterm/rxvt. You can get an old version... um, somewhere, or wait and see if KDE4 makes good on native Windows support (which I guess would no longer be X-based, but would also not need an X server).

--
Matthew
We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. --Badtech