No execution of system calls in cygwin-perl after update

Hi there,

I recently had to update my old cygwin installtion to a newer version. I'm
not quite sure what version I updated from or to - but the old version came
with perl 5.6, the one I updated to with version 5.8. This is also the
reason why I had to run the update.
So far so good.

In my perl scripts there are a lot of calls to application installed on this
particular windows system (such as MS compiler or MKS Source Integrity). On
the old cygwin-perl everything was just running fine.
Since I made the update none of those system calls seem to be executed. I
tried running the same command lines from within the cygwin shell - and they
work fine. From within perl they just seem to be ignored. I don't get any
error messaged (at least not from the perl debugger or the shell). The call
itself returns on $? just 256 which I didn't find anything helpful about.

Do I have to set any permissions to the perl interpreter that existed prior
the update and have been over-written by it?

Can anybody help me?

Cheers,
Mac