Re: copying and pasting in the terminal window?

--On Friday, August 25, 2006 14:25:00 +0200 Marko Bozikovic wrote:

As the author of Console, I'd like to know how does rxvt handle long lines
when copying. I might be able to improve Console :-)

The trouble with having chosen "Console" as the name of your project is that Microsoft refers to the thing you get by default in a standard Windows system when you ask for a command prompt as "windows console" if they are being explicit, and "console" when being less explicit. This can lead to confusion and misunderstandings.

I was referring to Microsoft's "Windows Console" (as it appears in headings of various MSDN articles), the thing you get running bash if you start up a shell window in a conventional Cygwin installation.

As for rxvt, it's available as a cygwin package if you want to know more about it.

--
Owen Rees
Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Bristol, UK