Re: Windows XP network lockup, when using rsync

Hi David,

Both pristine, unmodified rsync (as downloaded from cygwin.com as part of the
standard install) and my modified one (without modifications in use) break XP
when sending to a slower machine.

rsync works (so far) if I send to my Linux machine which, being a dual
processor X86-64 with 2Gb of RAM and 100Mb net, can receive as fast as rsync
can send.

Note that sending to the slower machine using desktop copy, therefore via
native SMB, is no problem.

There has to be a WinXP problem that is specifically tripped by whatever rsync
does in using cygwin's implementation of the Posix spec. It is therefore more
likely, if at all, that other Cygwin users may have experienced the same
problem.

Regards,

Howard

--
Howard Thomson

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein