Re: Unable to automatically map a drive letter at login

Grant Miller wrote:
On 8/29/06, mwoehlke <mwoehlke@tibco.com> wrote:
Grant Miller wrote:
I just rebooted one of the Windows systems and tried to SSH in to a
now clean system (nobody else logged in since booting) with ssh keys
and a script in my .bash_profile to attach to a drive letter and I got
the same error (System error 85 has occurred).

I also changed the drive letter the script was trying to map from h:
to q: (a random drive letter that I haven't used before) and I still
got the same error.

Omitting the drive letter and using UNC paths works, but it's not
going to be pretty.

Are you using a 64-bit Windows by any chance?

I'm testing and troubleshooting on Windows Server 2003 (regular 32-bit).

My other systems are running Windows XP Pro (32-bit) and XP Pro x64,
but we're probably going to dump the 64-bit system and stick with
32-bit systems (for application reasons).

Ok, because I've noticed that the 32-bit 'net.exe' on 64-bit systems seems to be Just Plain Broken. Sorry that wasn't it... :-)

--
Matthew
Ncurses. Blessing console programs since 1993.