libungif and emacs-cvs

Building emacs-cvs, 'configure' gives:

checking gif_lib.h usability... yes
checking gif_lib.h presence... yes
checking for gif_lib.h... yes
checking for EGifPutExtensionLast in -lungif... no

so that it buids without ungif support:

Configured for `i686-pc-cygwin'.

  Where should the build process find the source code?    /tmp/emacs
  What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use?
        `s/cygwin.h' and `m/intel386.h'
  What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc -g -O2
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             yes
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    yes
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    x11
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          LUCID
  Where do we find X Windows header
files?                /usr/X11R6/include
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   /usr/X11R6/lib
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 yes
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -lungif?                                 no   < ===
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   yes

I do not remember this behaviour previously (but it could be), so I flag
this in the case it is a problem with libungif.

Emacs-cvs requestes libungif 4.1.0b1 or higher and I have installed
libungif, libungif4 packages 4.1.4

I have all Cygwin installed and updated.

Cheers, Angelo.