Re: Mount does not show Samba files

Arun Biyani wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Arun Biyani wrote:
mwoehlke wrote:
Arun Biyani wrote:
[download$:575] ls //goddard/y
ls: //goddard/y: No such file or directory
[download$:576] ls //goddard/abiyani
ls: //goddard/abiyani: No such file or directory
[download$:577]

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
what does 'ls /cygdrive/y' say?

You didn't answer this, and it may be relevant. (That, or you typo'd in your previous message :-).)

I have mapped mounted drives to "/" (mount -c /).

[doc$:598] ls /y
ls: /y: No such file or directory
[doc$:599] ls /cygdrive/y
ls: /cygdrive/y: No such file or directory
[doc$:600]

Then I'd say there's a pretty good chance you don't have access to this network share. Does it require authentication?

I mount it using this command
net use y: \\\\goddard\\abiyani $PD /USER:abiyani

I can umount it. Go to "My Computer". When I click on this drive, I cannot see the contents. Then
in Cygwin, I run the above command. Cygwin still won't let me see the contents but Windows does.
Definitely looks like the mount command worked.

Right.  That looks good.  Hm, I'm not sure why you don't see anything.
Is it any different if you do 'ls //goddard/abiyani' without the 'net
use' (and Cygwin mount)?

What does 'cacls y:' say?

Reviewing your cygcheck output again, the only things I see "wrong" that
you might try are:

1. Upgrade your installation or at least the cygwin package.

  2. Remove "CYGWIN=nontsec" from your environment, stop all Cygwin
     processes and then try starting bash again and do 'ls //goddard/abiyani'
     again.  It's possible there is a permissions type problem that's being
     incorrectly reported as a "No such..." error.  But I'm grasping a bit
     here.

Holliston, MA 01746