Re: bash-3.1-7 BUG

Carlo Florendo wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

I think this is getting a little off-track. Another option just means another
area for people who don't understand what's going on to trip and fall and then
come and bug the list as a result. IMO, there's already such an option, even
without changing bash. It's called 'd2u'. Let's not over-think and over-do
things here. There's pain involved in that too. I'm not convinced that it's
worth the pain to all for the benefit of a few. Of course, I firmly believe
that what can and will be done here is Eric's call. He's the one that will be
maintaining it.

You've got the keyverb: overdo

We've already got d2u. There is a point in making bash scripts work with CRLF endings but at the expense of a slower and a little bit larger bash, I think. (If I'm wrong here, I'm sorry, I haven't seen bash's code.)

d2u is much simpler. For the sake of simplicity and elegance, let's go d2u.

Best Regards,

Carlo

This was an old thread. Sorry for the late reply. I didn't check the dates.

--
Carlo Florendo
Network Administrator