RE: Compiling dpkg

On 21 September 2006 01:09, Stephen Grant Brown wrote:

> Dear Sirs/Madams
> In compiling dpkg I get the following error
>
> nfmalloc.c:29:21: obstack.h: No such file or directory
>
> Where do I get the obstack.h file from?
> Wherre do I put it to be able to compile dpkg?

  You don't.  You use the build script.

  Which incidentally also has a bug - there's a missing backslash at the end
of the last-but-one line of the prep() function.  Correct that and it will
work.

  However, whether dpkg will actually do anything useful for you is another
question.  Debian packages don't work on cygwin and cygwin packages aren't
issued in debian format...

    cheers,
      DaveK