Perl's use locale don't work on Cygwin ?

Hello, List,

Just wonder is whole Perl's "use locale" and "setlocale()" thing doesn't
works on Cygwin or I'm just too dumb to find out how to use it ?

I've tried everything I could find in perllocale to make it work,
without any success. I've even straced same script on Linux and Cygwin
and noticed that Cygwin's Perl doesn't even try to find locale-related
files.

But the worst of all is know for sure that ActiveState's Perl does
work with locale ("use locale" is enough), at least with current
Windows' locale and that's more than enough for me.

Tested on perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread and
perl, v5.8.2 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int and latest from
Cygwin mirrors.

Yes, I know that locale on Cygwin not implemented, but maybe there
are some other way to at least enable correct /i in non-ASCII Perl
regexes (Russian CP2151 for example) I'm not aware of ?

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Sergei Kolodka