Re: Perl's use locale don't work on Cygwin ?

Sergei Kolodka wrote:
> Just wonder is whole Perl's "use locale" and "setlocale()" thing doesn't
> works on Cygwin or I'm just too dumb to find out how to use it ?

It works just fine for all locales supported by cygwin, which is just the
"C" locale :)

> Yes, I know that locale on Cygwin not implemented, but maybe there
> are some other way to at least enable correct /i in non-ASCII Perl
> regexes (Russian CP2151 for example) I'm not aware of ?

Letting perl know what the encoding of your data is should enable /i to work
correctly.  How you would do this depends on what exactly you are doing; it
may just require a "use encoding 'cp1251';".  (I assume 2151 was a typo.)