Re: Install hangs

Dave Korn wrote:
On 26 September 2006 18:25, Eric Mader wrote:

Dave Korn wrote:

One other thing: I was updating a previous Cygwin installation. From a
quick spot-check it seems that the installer didn't update anything: for
example gcc still says it's version 3.3.3-1 even though the installer
reports that the most recent version is 3.4.4-1. I also noticed that
setup.log is dated 6/21/2004 and has no entries in it newer than that date.

All of this leads me to suspect that the installer didn't update anything...

You could just be right there. From your cygcheck:

c: hd NTFS 53348Mb 99% CP CS UN PA FC IBM_PRELOAD

Looks like your C drive is full!

cheers, DaveK

I had about 750MB free on c:. I just did a bunch of archiving and deleting and now there is 6.29GB free. The install still hangs at exactly the same place. As far as I can tell, it tries to run the preremove script *before* it does any installing - the only other thing it seems to do is check the MD5s on the packages...

Regards,
Eric