Re: 1.5.21-1 - Crash on anything using cygwin1.dll

overlordq@gmail.com wrote:
1.5.21-1 - Crash on anything using cygwin1.dll

Havent used Cygwin in a while, and then today I was trying to rm' a dir when I get this handy message:

===
5 [main] rm 5852 dll_crt0_1: internal error: couldn't determine location
of thread function on stack.  Expect signal problems.
===

Never saw that one before, so I try to open up the cygwin shell (which
is bash).  Upon (attempting) to launch the shell with cygwin.bat, I get
a crash.

===
AppName: bash.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: cygwin1.dll
ModVer: 1005.21.0.0	 Offset: 0000365f
===

So I start reading the page on reporting bugs, and I see about cygcheck,
so I decide to run that.  I notice it says: "If you can't run cygcheck
for some reason (and why shouldn't you be able to? cygcheck is just a
standard windows program which does not use the cygwin dll)"

Well, I guess I'm not so lucky, it runs for a bit, then I get this
handy-dandy crasher:

===
AppName: cygcheck.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: cygwin1.dll
ModVer: 1005.21.0.0	 Offset: 0000365f
===

'cygcheck' doesn't use 'cygwin1.dll' so I'm not sure that you have the
right info here.

-and-

===
AppName: id.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: cygwin1.dll
ModVer: 1005.21.0.0	 Offset: 0000365f
===

'id' on the other hand does.

Hurm, detecting a reoccuring pattern here.

Me too.

So I completely uninstalled cygwin and tried reinstalling it. It was fine till it got to the post-install scripts which gave me yet another:

===
AppName: bash.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: cygwin1.dll
ModVer: 1005.21.0.0	 Offset: 0000365f
===

Sounds to me a little like you have another copy of 'cygwin1.dll' on your
system that something is running.  Try searching for 'cygwin1.dll's

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746