RE: shopt igncr not working

Hi Kazuyuki,

thanks for pointing this oiut, but

1) bash version is correct, i.e.
       GNU bash, version 3.1.17(9)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)
   as recommended

2) I indeed applied the comment character "#" at the end when using as the first line of
the shell script

3) When trying the option of including the shopt line in my .bash_profile I first opened a
bash login shell (which indeed executes the .bash_profile) and in-there then ran the script
with DOS endings by calling myscript.sh

So shall I provide additional info? - Just state what you need or what I shall do to enable you
to debug this further...

Thanks in advance and best regards Frank