Re: [bash-testers] Re: readline-5.2-1 prompt issue on cygwin

Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Chet Ramey wrote:
>
>> Eric Blake wrote:
>>> According to Igor Peshansky on 10/4/2006 9:03 AM:
>>> I am able to confirm this.  Using the above PS1 (the export is optional,
>>> as it only has to be a shell variable rather than an environment
>>> variable), and the xterm-unicode terminal as compiled for cygwin, along
>>> with bash 3.1.17 and release candidate readline 5.2, I get the following
>>> behavior when I type <c><d>< ></><c><^L>, where _ is the location of the
>>> cursor:
>> I can't reproduce it on Mac OS X using Terminal or xterm, using a UTF-8
>> locale and the included prompt string.  I will look at it on some other
>> systems tomorrow.
>
> FWIW, it's happening in an xterm under Cygwin as well, so it's not the
> "cygwin" terminfo/termcap entry.  Cygwin's xterm does not support UTF-8.

I also cannot reproduce it with the bash-3.2 release candidate on Linux
(aterm or xterm) or FreeBSD6 (aterm or xterm).  I used the UTF-8 locale
to activate the multibyte locale code, which seems to be where most of
the display issues are.  Otherwise, that detail is unimportant.

Sorry I can't reproduce this particular issue, but it looks like the
prompt string you sent will be valuable in checking whether or not the
multiple-prompt-string-redraws problem has been solved.

Chet
		       Live Strong.  No day but today.
Chet Ramey, ITS, CWRU    chet@case.edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/