Re: 1.5.21-1: CIFS symlinks on network share break Cygwin

On 10/24/06, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <> wrote:
I'm not sure everyone is paying full attention here.
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU> again.  Reformatted.

The entry just defines TOFU: Text Over, Full-quote Under (or, in the original German, "Text Oben, Fullquote Unten"). A combination of top posting and full quoting, which makes the messages hard to read (accoring to RFC 1855). Often combined with raw e-mail addresses in quoted messages (see PCYMTNQREAIYR). Added after repeated requests from Corinna Vinschen

It doesn't stress enough that "hard to read" means "please don't post
in this way if you want people to read your posts and take you
seriously."

Some folks could the definition and think this is the ~preferred~ way
to format messages to this list.

Maybe there should be an entry for what doing it the right way is
called.  I haven't heard TUPO (Text Under Partial-quotes Over)...

-Jason