Re: Please test the latest developer's snapshot

The important change here is a slightly different memory allocation
scheme.  I'd like to hear if this version still runs fine on all OSes,
not only on Vista so I'd appreciate some feedback in terms of memory
allocation problems.  Please look for messages as "fixup_mmap_after_fork
failed", "couldn't allocate heap", stuff like that.

It's been working fine for me for the last couple of days, too, on Windows XP Pro SP2.

The new memory allocation scheme could result in the necessity to rebase
again.  The usual base address of 0x70000000 for rebase *might* result
in problems with applications using mmap and runtime loaded DLLs.  So,
if you get such a problem, please call rebase(all) with a base addresses
of, say, 0x65000000 and try again.

I had to rebaseall to 0x65000000 to get ruby to work. I encountered a hang when trying to build subversion 1.4.0 until I rebased. Worked great after that, though.

--
David Rothenberger                spammer? -> spam@daveroth.dyndns.org
GPG/PGP: 0x92D68FD8, DB7C 5146 1AB0 483A 9D27 DFBA FBB9 E328 92D6 8FD8