Re: error OpenSSL required

    * From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin
dot com>
    * To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
    * Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:41:05 +0200
    * Subject: Re: error OpenSSL required

On Jul 12 23:07, openmikey wrote:

> I'm sure i'm missing something only a noob would,
but i'm trying to compile
> createtorrent from www.createtorrent.com.
>
> When i run ./configure, i get the following error:
>
> checking for SHA1 in -lssl... no
> configure: error: error, OpenSSL required
>
> However i am sure that openssl and openssl-dev 0.098
and 0.097 are
> installed.  Please help me get some sleep :/

You should debug the configure script, which usually
starts with
examining the config.log file.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails
regarding Cygwin to

------

Hi, had the same problem as the user above, but after
I installed libssl-dev, it worked.