w32api/winnt.h BUILD Problem

Esteemed Cygwin Experts,

I am having a problem with BUILDing a fairly large C++ DLL using Cygwin
under Eclipse. I am running Windows XP Media Edition. My Eclipse Project
Name is: Analyzer_General

My application source code seems to be compiling without errors, but two
errors are reported from the w32api/winnt.h header.

I have attached the output from cygcheck to this message, as well as the
console log from my BUILD. The full text of the two messages are:

Resource         Location          Creation Time  Id
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../include/w32api/winnt.h error:
extraneous `int' ignored
Analyzer_General        line 182            1163443618484 652606

/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../include/w32api/winnt.h error:
expected unqualified-id before ',' token                   Analyzer_General
line 182            1163443618484 652605

As I see it, the message seems to indicate a syntax error in the winnt.h
header within the w32api sub-directory of the cygwin distribution directory.

I have scoured the Cygwin maillists and other Internet sources with no luck
in finding any related errors. I apologize if I missed something obvious,
but tons of information exists supporting Cygwin builds on Windows, so if
you can just point me to a relevant link that I might have missed, that
would be great.

I pulled and installed the latest Cygwin dist using setup.exe, and installed
it into Eclipse 3.2 without issues. I pulled down s32api version 3.7-1 and
confirmed the release number.

I suspect that the messages are not factual, but are just indicate some kind
of compatibility issues with the windows.h/winnt.h headers.

I have compiled using the -mno-cygwin parameter, and ended up with the same
error messages, except that the message pointed to the
/././i686-pc-mingw/../w32api/..winnt.h headers, as I would expect it to do.

Does anyone have an idea of how to correct this situation?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Patrick D. McAvoy

pdmcavoy@inreach.com