Re: bash does not retain env when running script

Arto Stimms wrote:
I would like to run a bash script with a few changes in the environment. I would expect this to work:
[snip]
As a small example I have tried using these two minimal files

init.sh:
    hello () { echo "hello world"; }
    alias listdir=ls

script:
    hello
    listdir

I get the following output:

    $ bash --rcfile init.sh script
    script: line 1: hello: command not found
    script: line 2: listdir: command not found

What can I do to make my changes work in the script?

'script' is being run in a subshell, and you cannot export aliases to a subshell (but there are things you can do to get an rc file to run for a subshell; read 'man bash'). For the function, try 'export'ing it.

None of this has anything to do with Cygwin.

--
Matthew
Not to be used as a flotation device.