Re: guile-1.8.1-3 problem

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> ravi.sellout@gmail.com wrote:
>
>     I'm trying to compile something that links to guile, but it isn't
>     working with the latest (1.8.1-3) version. I get a message that
>     guile-config is broken.
>

>     I notice on executing: guile-config info, that there is a line:
>
>     LIBS = -L/home/janneke/vc/gub-dev/target/cygwin/system/usr/lib
>     -L/home/janneke/vc/gub-dev/target/cygwin/system/usr/bin
>     -L/home/janneke/vc/gub-dev/target/cygwin/system/usr/lib/w32api -lgmp
>     -lcrypt -lm -lltdl
>

>     which might be related to the problem, since it's referring to
>     directories in the home user area of janneke (I'm only guessing here).
>     I noticed that in 1.6.7-4, the line is
>     LIBS = -lcrypt -lm
>

>     I don't know if that's the problem or not. All I know is, something
>     that used to compile fine, now chokes at the configure stage with a
>     message about guile-config.

What was the message?  Did you look at the spot in the configure that
it's failing?  Usually looking at this and/or running the same test
that's failing stand-alone provides some clues.

Holliston, MA 01746

Yes - I looked at the spot in configure that's failing. It finds guile and guile-config, then it tries to test linking to guile by compiling a short test program with gcc. But in the line it calls gcc, it has put linking flags that it got from calling "guile-config link", which has janneke's home directory in it by mistake. To test this bug yourself, just type: guile-config link