Re: Error: procedure entry point rl_variable_value ; cygreadline6.dll

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 11:38:30AM -0500, Sarkar112 wrote:

>Eric Blake wrote:
>> According to Sarkar112 on 11/18/2006 9:12 AM:
>>
>> Sounds like you had an instance of bash 3.0 running while you did the
>> upgrade.  Do you recall getting a message that you need to reboot?

><http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
>>
>> Following those directions, and including the output of 'cygcheck -svr' as
>> a text attachment, will help us diagnose your problem.  But I suspect that
>> it can be cleaned up by stopping ALL cygwin processes, rerunning
>> setup.exe, and letting it select the packages that still need upgrading,
>> including bash-3.2.5-6 and libreadline6-5.2-3.
>>
>> --
>> Life is short - so eat dessert first!
>>
>> Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net <mailto:ebb9@byu.net>
>
>Reinstalling libreadline6 has fixed the issue. I've searched google for
>this problem with no luck, a few minutes ago, so this may be of help to
>others.

If so, hopefully anyone who reads this will generalize the problem into
thinking along the lines of "If it mentions problems with an entry point
in XXX, maybe the solution will be to install the newest version of the
package which contains XXX".