Re: Updated: cygwin-1.5.22-1

towo@computer.org wrote:
After recent updates (including cygwin1.dll, bash), starting an rxvt showed the following message:

: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
': not a valid identifier
: command not found
': not a valid identifier
: command not found
': not a valid identifier
: command not found
': not a valid identifier
: command not found
: command not found
bash: /etc/profile: line 63: syntax error near unexpected token `done'
'ash: /etc/profile: line 63: `  done <<- EOF

So I looked into /etc/profile and it turned out to have DOS line-ends!

You must have had a '/etc/profile' that you edited to contain DOS line
endings.  Perhaps you switched from DOS to UNIX mounts during this
upgrade?  In any case, the change you made is correct.

After fixing this manually, rxvt would start normally, except - I suddenly had a US keyboard layout! (On a German keyboard.)

Perhaps this is caused by DOS line endings in other config files you
have?

Holliston, MA 01746