Re: what's wrong with my cygwin command prompt?

> http://www.nabble.com/file/4253/cygwin2.JPG
>
> Above image show that EACH time i type A command, it just pop to new command
> prompt, like this:
> (assumed i have a cpp file to compile using g++ compiler and there is no
> error and i want to run it....)

> Nick@ACER-Nick
> $ g++ testing.cpp -o testing
>
> Nick@ACER-Nick
> $ ./testing
> Hello, i'm newbie to this forum.

> Dont it supposed to be like this ? :

> Nick@ACER-Nick
> $ g++ testing.cpp -o testing
> $ testing
> Hello, i'm newbie to this forum.

> So, something wrong with my cygwin installation?

    The default prompt is 3 lines high: first an empty line, then
  your-log-name@your-machinename and then the classical "$ ". What you
  are observing is perfectly normal, but feel free to revert to a single
  line prompt if makes you feel better: add a PS1="$ " in your .bashrc if you
  want something more compact.

     Cheers,

        Loïc