Re: .exe.stackdump and core dump files questions

> Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:22:42 -0500
> From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com>
>
> If you look at a output of a stackdump file, it is obviously human
> readable.  It is an ascii file which has English words in it.  It was
> NOT clear to me that the OP had actually looked at it.

Others obviously did understand that; you could look at the previous
messages in the thread to find their wisdom, before you posted yours.
You are not exactly a newbie in the world of mailing lists and public
discussion forums, so I'd expect you to know how this is done.

But even if you didn't or couldn't, just asking for more details would
be the Right Thing to do.

The ``cat'' reply, OTOH, can be nothing but an attempt to ridicule
someone who asked for your help, no matter how you look at it.  No
amount of misunderstanding could ever possibly explain away such a
response.