Re: 1.5.22: Error from anything using the cygwin dll

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 02:36:45PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
On 27 November 2006 14:06, Mikkel Erup wrote:

Making sh.exe a copy of bash.exe and running the installer to
reinstall produces the same error for bash.exe, ash.exe, sed.exe,
sh.exe, rm.exe, cmp.exe and a some others (The instruction at
"0x6100365f" referenced memory at "0x006ada90". The memory could
not be "written"). Will try booting to safe and install from
the hdd to see if it lets the installer complete.
I am also wondering why cygwin works if I boot to safe mode
without network. As I said it doesn't work if I boot to safe
mode with network.
 You wouldn't by any chance be using any kind of firewall or internet
security packages, would you?  Something by Norton/McAffee, perhaps?

And, this wouldn't be a situation of multiple cygwins on the machine, would it?

And, as has been previously requested, cygcheck output would be useful.

Actually, Mikkel was good enough to provide the 'cygcheck' output with his