Binaries Don't Execute

I have upgraded my cygwin installation and now some bibaries don't execute.
The ones I've noticed so far are ssh and diff.

When I execute ssh, the binary is found on my path, and it shows as
executable, but it responds with nothing.  Same thing with diff and which.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida