Re: cygwin opengl problem

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

> From the information you've given, it sounds to me like the code is
> suspect.  I'd start by getting this to work as it should with portability
> in mind.  The fact that it works on one system/compiler/whatever is not
> an indication that the code is correct.  Eliminating suspect code
> fragments
> will likely go a long way towards find and resolving your problem.

When I try to compile and run this sample program:

http://seriss.com/people/erco/fltk/#OpenGlSimple

I get a window that also displays the mess from the openGL buffer, and does
not draw anything that it is supposed to. This is what I am using to
compile:

g++ -g -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include -c -o davewindowtest.o
davewindowtest.cc
g++ davewindowtest.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/lib -lfltk_gl -lfltk -lGL -lGLU
-lopengl32 -lm -o davewindowtest

I guess it could be a problem with those compile commands, but I don't get
any errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dave