Re: Trouble with DLL and file (com port) IO

Dave Korn wrote:
  BTW, mixing MSVC-based code with cygwin-based is inherently unreliable and
liable to fail unpredictably.  I guess the vendor isn't likely to want to
share their dll source with you so you could recompile it with gcc, but it
might not be /too/ complicated to just take a look at the USB transactions
that get sent across the bus when you try to manipulate the gpios using their
dll, then throw together your own custom library to send the same transactions
using libusb or similar.

This works in Linux already (we extended the linux driver to emulate the gpio capbilities of the vendor DLL).

...especially since he seemed to imply that he already has his own working source for Linux. It should (FLW) be fairly easy to port this to Cygwin (seeing as how Cygwin's purpose is to emulate Linux, and make porting Linux code easy).

--
Matthew
Not to be used as a flotation device.