RE: Windows Vista & Cygwin

I ran the setup piece via 'Run as Administrator'.  I am getting the same
error message about bash.exe "...program to stop working correctly...
notify you if a solution is available..."

When I launch bash.exe, I get the bash prompt, but no further.  Is there
some manual work I can do to 'repair' the installation?  I recognize
that this is caused by Vista and not by Cygwin.

What are the basic directory permissions that apply in a successful
cygwin setup?  (I am considering the following root-level directories:
/bin, /etc, /home. /lib, /proc, /srv, /usr, /var - if there are other
directories I should consider, please advise.  I am not so concerned
about sub directories at this point --  there may be other users
directories in /home; those are not a concern yet.)

I imagine if I add /bin to the path I will get a little further than I
am -- are there other directories that I should not overlook?

Jeremy

>>On Dec  6 07:31, Jeremy T. Harrison wrote:
>>> Please direct me if the following question has been answered - I
searched the archives and did not find anything.

>>> I recently converted my Windows XP box to Windows Vista.? I am
beyond
RC1.

>>> I have tried multiple times to install Cygwin, never with success.
>>
>>Did you run setup by simply double clicking on it or did you start it
>>with right click - "Run as administrator".  You might stumble over
UAC.

>>Corinna
>
>Thank you for your suggestion -- I will try it with Run as
Administrator