Re: Weird cosmetic bug after viewing bash man page

Dave Korn skrev:
On 14 December 2006 18:26, Eric Lilja wrote:

Dave Korn skrev:
On 14 December 2006 17:43, Eric Lilja wrote:

If I press enter the prompt is restored to its normal appearance. A
picture exhibiting this cosmetic glith can be viewed at
student.stunet.se/hivemind/weird_cosmetic_bug.png
Does 'stty sane' restore normal operation?
Well, I issued:
$ stty sane
$ man bash
..and still the same color change as exhibitedby the picutre. I hope I
ran the test as you wanted. I hadn't used the command stty before.

No, 'restore' normal operation was meant to imply fixing it after it had gone wrong, i.e. I was suggesting you try the 'stty sane' command /after/ 'man bash' has chnanged the prompt colour. However reading closer I see it only affects the single line for the prompt. Perhaps your PS1 setting has the side-effect of restoring normal colouring at the end? Do you mean that even the lightened prompt reverts to duller colours, or just that subsequent prompts do not show the same problem as the first?

Well, the prompt that is displayed directly after "man bash" exits exhibits the hightlighted colors (only seems to happen for that particular man page). If I issue the command stty sane, or any other command, or simply press enter the next prompt doesn't exhibit any highlighted colors but is shown as normal See the picture I posted.

    cheers,
      DaveK

- Eric