Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xemacs-21.4.20-2/xemacs-tags-21.4.20-2/xemacs-emacs-common-21.4.20-2

Charles Wilson wrote:
Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
A new version of 'xemacs' has been uploaded to a server near you.
    * Fix: xpm no-X builds were broken on cygwin with /bin/gcc.

Was this a libXpm-noX deficiency, or something else?

* Fix: Support renamed xpm no-X library under cygwin.

Whoops. I meant to include compatibility link/import libraries but I forgot: e.g.
/usr/lib/noX/libXpm.dll.a -> /usr/lib/noX/libXpm-noX.dll.a

However, now that xemacs has already adapted to the new name, AND xemacs is the only known user of this library, I wonder if it is worth it to release a new version with those compatibility links, now?

--
Chuck

In my opinion, it's probably not worth it, but I would revert the patch if you did add the compatibility link.

Regards,
  Vin Shelton
  XEmacs Release Manager