cygwn uname

Hi There,

Im trying to get started using the open source search engine nutch and im
trying to connect to is through cygwn to start indexing my site. However Im
getting this error:

line 15: syntax error near unexpected token `in
line 15: `case "`uname`" in

I found I need to install cygwin with uname utility, but I dont know how to
do this?

Any help is much appreciated!

thanks :)