Re: how to debug with the crash especially with the corrupt stack in multi-thread environment using gdb.

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>. Reformatted.

andy wang wrote:
Download a snapshot with symbols so you get better stack info:

<http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>

Either that, or build cygwin yourself with debugging info so you can
do the same and play with the source.

Thanks .Larry!

If the bug is not in the cygwin1.dll but an application and with stack
corrupted, how can I using the low level debug technics to find the
reason.

The most common way is to put a breakpoint in the code before you get the
stack corruption and step along until you see the problem.  This isn't
really Cygwin-specific advise though.  You may want to read up on some
of the capabilities of 'gdb' to gain more insights into it's capabilities.
That should help you understand the things it can do to help you find
problems.

Holliston, MA 01746