'ps' - is it supposed to do that?

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Thu Jun 1 19:00:00 GMT 2006

I was looking at 'ps' one day, wishing it would limit its output to just
"my" processes. Just now, I realized it is... it is showing me all of
*my* processes, rather than all of the *tty's* processes. On most other
(real) OS's, I'm used to the limit - sans '-e' - being 'this /tty/', not
'this /user/'.

So, I was wondering... is there a reason it works this way?

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know/remember if it is possible to
recognize distinct real consoles (i.e. is it possible to show con/0,
con/1, etc)?

--
Matthew
The hippo made me do it! What? What do you mean you can't see the hippo?